Today I received the two greatest comments to this blog ever. Or at least I'm very tempted to think they are the greatest. They came this afternoon about an hour apart from each other and glommed on to the post previous to this like a bear cub to mama Panda bear. One from a total stranger, one from a fellow blogger whom I've met only in cyberspace.
First off, it pains me to think that Weingolb could be going away.
That would mean no more comments like LindaS's. She provided an amazing wine tip and did so only because she stumbled upon this blog when researching her nifty little tip online. The thoughtful stranger who in her endeavours reveals kindness and a hidden kinship.
And no more words from Neil of Brooklynguyloveswine.blogspot.com who makes cyberspace seem a lot more human that it could possibly pretend to be. Neil, thanks for taking the time to write! It's always nice to be noticed. (And some folks like Neil seem to know that it's even nicer to reach out when you've NOT been noticed.)
So let me say that these two comments were so rewarding that, yes, here am I posting what feels like the first real post in much too long. So this is a bit of a thank-you, dear commenters. And an apology too. I should explain (and for some reason I need to turn this into a game).
The reason this blog has been quiet on the new entries is because I have been tremendously busy. What have I been up to?
- I won the lottery.
- I earned a major promotion.
- I accepted a regular column on another blog.
- I set off fire alarms with each attempt to select "Publish Post".
- I pulled the guts out of my iBook; then formatted my hard drive, just for fun.
- I had a massive freakout session when Safari suddenly stopped uploading my files to Blogger.
- I panicked when "statistics for visitors from the last 16629 minutes" were not yet available on my site meter.
- I drank two entire bottles of dep wine that I picked up from a gas station and then decided to take a long LONG look in the mirror.