Facebook!

Twitter

Tumblr


20060123

"Drinking good wine makes me want to talk about it; talking about it makes me want to drink it"

The quotation that makes up the title of today's post is almost as delightful as those now-ubiquitous bons mots uttered by Madame Lilly Bollinger, modern-day matriarch of the Bollinger Champagne brand.

(You know the one that goes: "I drink champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty.")
big blue question mark quiz
Such witty eloquence is not surprising when it comes from an industry perfectionist like Mrs. Bollinger, who, due to fuel shortages during the Second World War, took to her bicycle in order maintain her vast 100- to 90-percent rated champagne vineyards. But when I read that a diet-conscious top-flight athlete uttered today's quote, I gained a whole new level of respect. Which accomplished champion said this? Was it:


  1. Conchita Martinez

  2. George Foreman

  3. Laffit Pincay Jr.

  4. Marcus Allen

  5. Roman Šebrle


Answer revealed behind the question mark above.

No comments: